Sunday, November 16, 2008

Step One...

This is a post I've been meaning to do for a while. Now that I don't have the thesis looming over my shoulders all the time I've been able to start taking whacks at the list of things I said I was going to do when I was done. Properly speaking, Step One was to find a job. Step Two is to get out of the debt I accrued when living on next to nothing. To that end, I did this:



I've left one behind for emergencies...but other than that, that's all of them. They are going away so I am in no way tempted to use them! A little bit of debt built up when I was married, as my credit rating was better than Robert's. So, to that end, any debt we accrued was in my name, and then we aggressively paid down his (what little was left). Naturally, when we split, I got to take the debt with me. I'm grateful now that I can afford to get rid of it!

Step Three: build up some emergency cash...


On a related note, I do intend to keep this blog better updated now that the thesis is done. Keep checking for more updates!

No comments: